Tuesday, January 11, 2011

New Year's Resolutions!

My first New Year's resolution is to be less disruptive in all my classes. I think that I have a lot more listening to do and a whole lot of improving space. In band I need to stop talking and/or playing my instrument while Mr.Housego or another member of the band is talking. In Math and Science I just need to concentrate on not talking when we are doing work and stop blurting out. In Humanities I need to work on not talking to my neighbor when Mr.Fischer is talking and not saying inappropriate things in the middle of class. These things I think are important because if I do not improve I will get a bad work habit grade and not a very good comment in my report card.

My second resolution is to not eat candy and not drink any soft drinks.  This is important because I would like to become more fit and hopefully lose some weight. My dad also made a deal with me. If I don't have any candy or pop for the rest of the school year excluding birthday parties, then he will buy me a reward. If I complete the challenge I will get a new basketball, bball shoes, jerseys and shorts.

On Christmas Eve my family went over to our friend's house for dinner. We had ham and kumara. Mom and dad stayed back to talk with the aunties (our friends) a bit longer and Zarina, Robert John and I returned home. Mom and dad took forever to arrive home. Robert John wanted to get us to bed so he said "I will let you open one present, but then you have to go straight to bed" So Zarina and I opened a present, brushed our teeth and jumped into bed. The second we got under our covers the door knob turned and mom and dad pranced in. Even after our deal with Robert John we hopped out of bed to see our parents. Dad had agreed to let us open all our presents on Christmas Eve so I was so excited to see my presents. When I started begging to start opening presents, mom stated that we wouldn't be opening any presents tonight. Then she walked into her room. She came back with her hands behind her back. When she arrived back into the living room she placed three Apple boxes in our hands. We had just received fourth generation ipod touches!

One thing you probably don't know about me is that my brother and I do a lot of insane things to my sister. When my family was flying back to Canada, my siblings and I traveled in economy while our parents were in business class, so they didn't see anything we did.  When our meals came we got baked beans, eggs and sausages. The sausages were airplane food so of course they were oily and felt like rubber. Because of these traits Robert John and I didn't want to eat ours, so we decided to cook up an evil plan against Zarina. '1, 2, 3' Robert John yelled, and suddenly the sausages went flying through the air and were instantaneously rubbing against Zarina's cheeks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment