Thursday, January 13, 2011

Learner Profiles



1. I learn best when......

2. I need to .....

3. The strategies that would help me in my learning....

4. I would like my teachers to know this about me.....

I learn best when I am alone and when I am not under stress. If I am under stress I will most likely shut down and not be able to work. If even under a little bit of stress I will only use my preferred brain side-gestalt side-and completely not use the left side of my brain. If I am alone, there is no distractions. If there is something-a noise or movement-going on around me I will have to figure out what the sound is and where it is coming from. I am also a good learner when I am moving or even tilting my chair. This makes me a profile L and a kinesthetic learner.

I need to be relaxed when I work and to have a clean work space. If I am not relaxed I will not want to work and will try to get as far away to what's bothering me as possible, because then I will be able to concentrate better when I am not thinking about what is bothering me. If my desk is crowded or messy, I will not be as concentrated on my work-or what I am doing. I always need a clear place to put down my sheet of paper or I will not want to work.

Strategies that help me in learning is a break every once in a while so I can stretch and get my mind of work then start again. Something like a stress ball will help me because it gives me a way to move around and not dangerously tilt my chair or walk around and distract people. So I think that would be a good alternative.

Something I would like my teachers to know about me is that when I go to the bathroom about once a class I am just having a break so I can start fresh again and have new ideas to add to m work.


No comments:

Post a Comment