Thursday, November 11, 2010

Literature Circle Discussion #2-True Confessions

1. How your groups discussion helped you better understand the novel? Write about of some of the key ideas from the novel that your group discussed and how these were important to the plot of the story.
My group's discussions helped me understand the book better because some of our passages put together could create a whole new plot to the story. This is important for our own reading benefits because, then we had a whole new spin on the story and that helped me understand it better.


2. Describe some of the connections that you made during your discussion.
In our discussion I didn't make any connections but I made a reaction that also falls under the category of connections. My reaction is about when Captain Jaggery said 'I intend to crush this mutiny before it starts.' he unlocked his gun drawer and took out two muskets and two pistols for himself and similar for Mr.Hollybrass. I immediately thought 'Well what in the world is Captain Jaggery going to do now.'


3. What predictions do you have for the rest of the novel.
In our literature circle #1 we started think about the fact that it is possible that someone gave Charlotte the knife so that that certain sailor or someone else that knew about it could take that knife and stab someone. Then after he was done he would put it back under Charlotte's mattress so she would get accused of killing the murderer's victim. We completed that thought with more information on the previous discussion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment