Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Kelip-Kelip

In the water, the only noise is the tiny waves of the river. The smell is nothing but fresh air. Everything felt was the old wood of the canoe. The only light is the fireflies, still but alive. Their tiny lights flashing. On and off, on and off.


When the boat-man had stopped by a tree Kennedy, Anne, Ayaka and I had all moved over to the side to see the fireflies closer. The boat was uneven and nearly tipping. To be honest I was a bit scared from the fact we were in a boat that could possibility tip over. Although the fireflies were captivating, my eyes were almost closing and I was worn out from all of the things we had done that day so you could say I was tired. The fireflies all stop on leaves and stay for a while so when you are sailing past you see countless amounts of what seems to be Christmas trees along the river bank, the fireflies decorate the trees amazingly and the fireflies are like lights to illuminate the trees like you would never think possible without electricity.


Nevertheless the Kelip-Kelip(fireflies) were my favorite part of the field trip because it was really awesome and even though I had seen them before I did it when I was small so i didn't remember it. According to my mom I would ask her consistently about the fireflies and what they looked like, so she didn't have to tell me.

No comments:

Post a Comment