Monday, September 13, 2010

COURAGE-When I Got The Stiches! (in my knee)

From my point of view there is so many ways of defining courage, from trying a new after school activity to going on the scariest ride in Universal Studios or Disney Land. But the story I am about to tell show one of the many ways to define courage and it starts like this.

Auntie Lynn, Mom and I were hot and sweaty while walking up a hill to find my sister Zarina waiting a the top. She had just been to a friend's birthday party and was waiting for us to pick her up. When we finally got to the top we called a taxi to take us home but they person at the other end of the line told us it would take 10 minutes so Auntie Lynn and I decided to go to the big street at the bottom of the hill and flag down a cab ourselves.

Does everyone here like swinging around and around poles? I think you do. So there was a pole and a drain simple as that. I was getting bored so of waiting for a taxi so  I decided to swing around the pole. So there I was swinging around that 360 degree pole getting closer and closer to the drain that was obviously oblivious to me and my eyes. So down I went into that pole that was a meter deep

At that time Auntie Lynn was trying to get Zarina and Mom down to the bottom of the hill because she got a taxi. So then she turned around and couldn't see me. That caused me to start screaming her name. So finally she found me in the bottom of a drain and started helping me out. Then she realized that I had a massive bleeding cut on my knee. So she started shouting for Mom and Zarina to get down here. So we all got in the taxi. "Uncle, could we please go to Raffles Hospital". So he started driving.

When we got there we headed straight to emergency because Mom insisted we needed to get it stitched up. So I got in a wheel chair and they wheeled me to a room where they could x-ray my leg to see if my leg was broken of not. Thankfully it wasn't. So they said I only had to get stitches. But Auntie Lynn, Mom and Zarina were freaking out anyways. So in and out the thread and needle went 5 times leaving me with my knee closed but still healing. A few weeks later I got the thread taken out.

I think I showed courage because I was in second grade and was only seven. Because I was young I think I needed to be extra courageous to be able to go through many stitches and not cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment